September 25, 2018
Miles & Stockbridge P.C.
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Click HERE for more details »
The Murray award will be for a Dean of the Bench — This award is given to a sitting or retired judge who has demonstrated the highest attributes of intelligence, character, impartiality, judicial sensitivity and temperament, and enjoys the respect of the bar.
The Honorable Judge
C. Carey Deeley, Jr.
The Honorable Judge
Joseph F. Murphy, Jr.
The Mudd award will be for a Dean of the Bar — This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated dedication, service, and leadership throughout their career as well as professional presence and commitment to MDC.
Robert E. Scott, Jr., Esquire
F. Ford Loker, Esquire
Bruce R. Parker, Esquire
Susan T. Preston, Esquire
- MDC’s 2018 Trial Academy
- Intervening/Superseding Cause of Plaintiff’s Injury —
A Viable Approach to Defending Medical Malpractice Cases at Trial?
- Canary in the Coal Mine? Do Emerging Attorney General Data
Breach Suits Against Equifax Threaten the Handsome Attorney’s Fees
Anticipated by Plaintiffs’ Counsel
- Corporate Depositions: The Wrong Time to Answer
in the Form of a Question
- A Window into the Benefits, Criticisms and Pitfalls
of LEED Construction
- MDC Legislative Summary ‘18
- A Chat with the Chairman
- Hearing Loss: A Hard and Unusual Hearing
- Cannabis & Workers’ Compensation Law
- Maryland’s Highest Court Restricts Plaintiff’s Choice of Venue:
Univ. of Maryland Med. Sys. Corp. v. Kerrigan, 456 Md. 393, 174 A.3d 351 (2017)
- Workers’ Comp Appeals — Choose Your Own Adventure!
- Phlonda Peay v. Reginald Barnett, Lack of Personal Jurisdiction
- May Allow Six Year Old Default Judgment to be Vacated
- The Effect of Reger: When Does the LE §9-610 Offset Apply?
- Duffy v. CBS Corporation: Maryland’s Highest Court Rules
that the Statute of Repose does not retroactively apply to injuries arising before it was enacted and the cause of action for asbestos is the date of exposure, not discovery.
- Subsequent Accidents In Light of Labonte
- MDC’s Inaugural Awards Ceremony and Spring Dinner
- Businesses Take Note: Updates to Maryland’s Data Breach Notification Law Took Effect
- Average Weekly Wage Calculation Following the Wagstaff Decision
- The Intersection Between the Workers’ Compensation Law & Child Support: RK Grounds Care, et al. v. Wilson
- MDC 2017–2018 Programs
- Maryland Healthy Working Families Act: Employer Best Practices to Avoid Traps for the Unwary
- Debt Collection and Limitations on Collateral Attacks of Void Judgments
- 10 LinkedIn Tips for Lawyers: Legal Marketing Online
- Reasons Your Firm Needs a Social Media Policy
- MDC’s First Deposition Bootcamp
- Martaz Johnson v. State of Maryland: Maryland’s Highest Court Rules that No Expert Testimony Required to Explain GPS Technology